Saturday, June 27, 2009

LOVE ATTACK EVE

Tonight I went to Cafe Flug in Kanda to see my new favorite Japanese singer, 松山テルオTeruo Matsuyama. He goes by Love Attack Eve and has a few albums out and an official website as well as a myspace music page. I found him on Tokyo Gig Guide that had a link to his homepage and I just fell in love with his music and voice and downloaded everything I could get my hands on. I was going to go with 3 other friends, but I got ditched (tear) but went anyways, and I'm so glad I did becasue he was even better in person. Really didn't think that was possible. It's very mellow music, but also whimsical and cute. I love it!

To get there, I got off at the 御茶ノ水駅 Ochanomizu Station and walked for about an hour doing concentric circles until I finally found the place. It took like 7 minutes to walk back to the station from the cafe once I knew where I was. I got very lost. haha. Luckily, since I had never been to Ochanomizu, I had gotten there about an hour early to do some tankenshiyo-ing (exploring), so I didn't miss the show. I just missed out on my tanken.

When I finally got there, there were two guys waiting outside with CD's on a table. I asked one of them if it was where Love Attack Eve was playing, and the guy looked really surprised and said, "That's me." So I started talking with him!! He was really nice and really excited that I had come just to see him. He was really happy when I told him that I had gone to his myspace page and listened to his music. When I got there, another group was playing, Acoustic Soft Parade, and he said that he would be playing in about 30min. So I decided to buy a CD right then.

At this point, I've been listening to his music almost everyday on the train so I know my favorite songs and even some of the lyrics to some of them. So I was looking at the CD's and I saw a song on one that I recognized and really liked. It's called マーマレイド空 or Marmalade Sky. It's a really cute song! I love it so much! When I told him he got really happy. He just kept saying "happy" a bunch of different ways: "幸せ," "嬉しい," "ハッピー." haha. I like to make people happy. (^-^)

I ended up buying this album:

and he signed it for me! And he didn't just sign it. He drew a little picture of me!

It says, "To Watanabe Hiroko. LOVE ATTACK EVE" and then the date.

Then of course, he started performing. It was so great. I really love his voice and he's a pretty good guitar player. He did a lot of finger picking and some hammer-ons and had unexpected chord changes. I really like this guy if you can't tell.


But wait, it get's better! He went out to his car during the break to get the music for the song that I had said I liked, Marmalade Sky! He even took his guitar with him around the corner to practice. I only know that because he showed me the chords and lyrics and said he would play it for me, but he hadn't played it in a long time so he was gonna go practice a bit. "ちょっと練習します。" he said with an embarrassed smile.

I guess it was a really old song, because before he played it, he told everyone, kind of embarrassed, that he had written it maybe 10 years ago when he was either a junior high or high school student and that the lyrics were a little sophomoric and cute. I'm so happy he went through all that trouble just to play the song for me!! I love it! It's the corny and cute-ness that I like about the song. It's really innocent.

And now, just because I love his music so much, you can listen to it here:

My favorite song of his: 夕立
My 2nd favorite song and the one he played for me tonight: マーマレイド空
And now just a bunch of songs I love in no particular order. This is me restraining myself too. I didn't actually upload ALL of his music.

2 comments:

  1. マーマレイド空はかわいいです。好きです^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for including some links to the music. It was wonderful. I can see why you like it. I tried to download it to my Zune, but no luck. You know me and technology. Perhaps you'll show me how when you get home.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete