Thursday, June 11, 2009

What I Do When I'm Sick

So I'm really sick. Which sucks because I'm in Japan, but I've made the most of it. I've spent the day online on my various networking sites such as facebook, twitter, flickr, emails, etc and this blog. BUT! I also was researching things I can do when I'm finally well again.

I found out that one of my favorite Japanese bands of all time RADWIMPS is playing in Yokohama as I'm typing this out. Here's my favorite song by them:



It's green. ^^

AHHH! Sucks!! I want to go see them so badly!! It's just as well. Would have cost me ¥5,000 or 50 bucks. They were playing here which looks like a pretty cool venue. Checked it out on google maps and aparently it's only about a 52min train ride from my station. Not bad. I mean it is, but not for some of the people they get.

I'm actually contemplating going all the way down to Hamamatsu in Shizuoka in a week to catch their last show before they fly off to Okinawa. That's how much I love RADWIMPS. That's more than 2 hours away. That'd be very hard, but doable. hmmm....

I changed my mind. THIS is my favorite RADWIMPS song:



Now it's red. I'm having fun with youtube today and their array of color choices. I'm sick and bored so leave me alone.

I also found the next band I wanna go see. Soon as I can figure out when their next live is, I'm SO GOING!! Watch! They're so funny!!


I made it yellow just for funsies.

But arn't they great!! I might just have to buy their album and have them sign it. It'll just take some crazy investigative research. I mean, Aloha, Soulkids, and 24 were good, but I bet a live with these guys is just super fun. Right?

I dont' know if I've posted this before, but one of the best tools I have here for finding live music in Tokyo is through Tokyo Gig Guide. Anyone in Tokyo should really check this out.

Ick. I hate being sick. I just look at all the things I could be doing if only I could stop coughing every few seconds. wah. i whine. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment