Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hawaii!!

I just got back from Hawaii yesterday. I had such a great time!! It was so beautiful and I have a love affair with sunsets, and Maui was full of beautiful sunsets. You can also see more pictures on my flickr page.

And then there's my dad, sister and I on the same beach. We were so busy meeting relatives on Oahu, that the first beach we made it too was 4 days after we had arrived in Hawaii!! Craziness.

The main reason we went to Hawaii was to meet some relatives that we never knew we had on my dad's side, but it turned into a Hawaii vacation too. We flew into Honolulu because my dad's cousins live in Aiea on Oahu, but then we flew to Maui to visit my dad's friends too. We ended up going all over the place, even though I was really sick the whole time and couldn't stop coughing. I didn't get much sleep either, but you can't really tell in the picture, right? I look happy, right? not like I want to die? good.

There's my sister, Katsumi, and I on the beach in Maui when we were visiting some of my dad's old friends who live there, Mike and Roz.

It was so gorgeous. I mean, look at that:

And the water was so warm!


We saw a turtle and when it came up for air I got a picture of its tiny head.





And there's its butt.





Here's zoomi losing her composure. I'm totally cool. Before:
After:
We also went hiking a little and took a break in the river. The picture below is me and my dad with our feet in the stream. I forget what the name of this place was. oops.
There was also snorkeling and much merriment. Hawaii is really a great place, but I don't know if I'd want to live there. I like Japan. I like Tokyo more specifically, and I'm glad to be back. But Hawaii is definitely a really great place to visit and now we all have a wonderful excuse. I met so many people! And they are all related to me!! It's weird. I used to be able to count my blood relatives on one hand, now it's challenging just to keep all their names straight. And they are all so nice, and the kids are adorable, and they know things about my dad's family that none of us knew, they have pictures of my dad when he was really young, and they are nice. I like nice; it's nice. (^_^)

And now, indulge me while I spam my blog with sunset pictures.





1 comment:

  1. spam away -- sunsets and pics of you guys are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete