Sunday, May 31, 2009

Internet Cafe

Forgot to mention in my last blog, I'm in an internet cafe! My apartment doesn't have internet yet, will soon though. So again, my landlord told me how to get to the nearest internet cafe and says that if I give him my receipt, he'll reimburse me! He's so nice. I ask him anything and his answer is always, "Ah, ok. I'll bring it." We forgot pillows. oops. Easy to overlook. I told him and he said, "Ah, ok. I'll bring them." He is so nice.

So the internet cafe was a little daunting. I had no idea how one works so I just walked up to the guy at the counter and said, "Hello, I'm a big fat gaijin (Japanese word for "foreigner." think I mentioned it earlier) and have no idea what's going on." Ok, I didn't really say that, but I felt it. I just walked up to him and said I had never been to an internet cafe before, can you tell me how it works?" and he took it from there. I started an account, became a member, and got a little plastic card that I signed in Kanji. The keyboard is a little difficult to get used to, but I think I got it now. It's set up for writing in kana and not so much romanji, or the roman alphabet.

My time is almost up though. I paid for three hours because I hadn't been online for a few days and for this generation, the internet is pot. I'm personally all for the age of free internet service. That appeals to me way more than free love. Just proves people are losing their humanity and animal desires and becoming machines. I think this is going to set me back about $15. It'll be cheaper next time though, because there's a start-up fee. Also, note to all new internet cafe users, bring your ID or you can't get in, and eat before you come or you'll be crazy tempted by all the yummy food pictures plastered to the walls of your little cubicle.

Just took a picture. I'll post it when I get internet in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment